The Puzzle of My Heart

Life is full of ups and downs. This blog records the ups and downs that form the pieces which complete puzzle of my heart...

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Am I Really That Lucky?




Yahoo!! I'm going to see Daniel performing this Saturday!! Initially, I thought I would miss out on his showcase cos I had miss the ticket redemption event at Sungai Wang last Saturday (20th May 2006) due to the fact that I was at Genting at that time while the time to redeem tickets is 12 p.m to 2 p.m. Luckily for me, I saw an ad in China Press that Daniel's showcase tickets can be redeemed at China Press office.
I called Wing on Monday to ask him to take me there cos he's the only one who is free this whole week. He declined at first, but after much persuasion from me, he reluctantly agrees to go. Talking 'bout good persuassion skills huh? We went on Tuesday (23rd May 2006) but with 2 of his which I had not expected. But all of us is clueless of how to go to Bangsar and I had to resort to call Wen Jian to ask for directions cos I knew that he knows the roads in KL too well. We reached Bangsar within 15 minutes but we go around Bangsar area 3 times before I gave direction to Wing to go into a road where I saw a New Strait Times which I saw the first time we rounded the area. And there, we saw the China Press office. If I had not been firm on my opinion to drive into that area, I'm sure we'll be looking for the office for an extra 1 hour. The clerk there had been really friendly and allow us to redeem 8 tickets with those China Press that I brought along. Well, I looking forward to this Saturday to have a good time enjoying Daniel's performance!!!
I was really lucky that time when I won the contest to have dinner with Daniel as I never expect myself to win!!
Frankly to say, I had been really lucky my whole life. Going through tests, exams, major exams like UPSR, PMR, SPM or even STPM smoothly. People had been saying that I get good grades because I am smart, but all I say to them was that I was just plain being lucky. Really! THey may not believe it but it's true. It's because the markers had been really generous in giving marks combine with the standard of that year of exam and also some questions that I able to do because it coincidently been the things that i had revised. I had been quite lazy my whole life, revised just before exams and not consistent like so of my friends. But Form 6 had been the year that I studied hardest; burning midnight oil but the results had been average. BUT, I had been lucky not to fail Maths cos I failed my Maths the whole Upper 6 year.

I had also been lucky in passing my Driving test the first time considering the fact that my driving skill sucks.
I was really lucky when looking for jobs. Both of my jobs at Sungai Wang and The Store is from the recommendation of my friends.
I was really lucky to had a good family who supports me through thick and thin. Without them, I would not be who I am today.
Although I am that lucky like some of my friends who can go overseas to further their studies, but I was really grateful for what I have. It was really blessing to be that lucky!! Like Daniel sang 'The Lucky One'. I don't know how long I wll be lucky, but I won't take my luck for granted. I will keep going to strive for success!! Gambatte!!

'And they say, "She's so lucky.....'
-From the song 'Lucky' by Britney Spears

1 Comments:

  • At May 25, 2006 11:51 AM, Blogger Kelly said…

    Good things comes around..You're not lucky,you earn what you deserve to earn..Its how you look at things..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home