The Puzzle of My Heart

Life is full of ups and downs. This blog records the ups and downs that form the pieces which complete puzzle of my heart...

Friday, June 16, 2006

The Best Week Ever In My Life

Time past so fast. It was just last Saturday I went for registration in MMU followed by the Orientation Week and now I'm back to my home after one week stay in hostel. Sigh... happy times went at the blink of eye. I never thought that I would enjoy the orientation week so much, and so do the others. We were almost got burned out by the tight schedule of this Orientation Week. Wake up at 6 in the morning and only got to sleep at 2 something in the morning.

So basically all of us only got 3++ hours of sleep. But other than this fact, I had a good experience. The Orientation Commitee (or what we called O.C.) is making feels like home there. I remember the first day where the MC, was calling all of us 'sotong' because all of us is not energetic at all. He gave me the impression of being a cocky person as he was really sacarstic in his words and was laughing at people. But he was really warm and never fail to make us laugh and alive with the energy and vibrance in him.

Most of the times, we had briefing by the staff in MMU and also some group activties but one thing for sure is the time we spent in the MPH or Multipurpose Hall is more than the time we spent on our bed.

The most memorable day got to be the opening ceremony on 12th June 2006 where the Minister of Higher Education officiated the Orientaion Week in the presence of Tun Dr Siti Hasmah Ali. Wow!! First time I saw some VIPs in my life! They were here in Cyberjaya campus with Video conference over to Melaka campus. Nicky had told us before that Cyberjaya campus had the privilege to be the host of opening ceremony 4 years in a row!! An honour to hear that. I got to shake hands with the minister and Tun Dr Siti Hasmah Ali. What an honour!

The next most memorable moment got to be the performance night on 13th June 2006! All of the groups performed with limited time for preparing but still do a great job in our performance. Love the performance by the OCs too. They really did a great job in dancing, acting and singing. But the performance that night had been a controversial one with most of the performance is filled with the 'brokeback' elements. Hehe...

But the most memorable time got to be the closing ceremony!! After the closing by the Vice President of MMU, we were all shouting the 'Freshie Cheer' happily for the very last time and singing the song 'Permata Dunia'. I was feeling really emotional when all the OCs took the stage and sitting there and share their experience. So basically it is the moment where all of us were crying out loud expressing our sadness. I can see that the MC trying real hard to control his tears from flowing down but and it flow down when we sang the song 'Those Were The Days'. This is the first time I had seen so many guys crying(really!!) and they are not afraid to show their emotions. Good thing, I guess. All of us were hugging each other saying thank you to each other. Something for sure, the MC cried the longest. He was crying when I asked him for autograph and take a pic. 1 hour went by and he's still crying!

After going through all this, now its time for reality check; my aunties call me to ask if I had the right choice of switch from Science to Business. They were saying that it was such a waste to switch to Business now. They had been asking me if I had consider other uni which offers thse course I'm interested in. Of course I had check it out, and the fees is not affordable. Who doesn't want to have good quality education? Why is everyone making a big deal of it?

I was really confused right now, considering the fact that if I'm making the right choice. No one here to support me...sigh. I'm not really that smart in my studies as my friend, Sharron knows it. I barely remember all the facts of Biology which is the main subject during my studies in Form 6. SO will I excel if I study Biology-related subjects in University? That's the Question right now. It depends on the course that local uni offfer me. If is not the course that I wanted, I'll continue my studies in MMU. MMU was really a nice place to study, really. I think I'd fell for MMU. MMU rocks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home