The Puzzle of My Heart

Life is full of ups and downs. This blog records the ups and downs that form the pieces which complete puzzle of my heart...

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Everything Comes With A Price

This week, the worst thing had happened to my PC- the monitor broke down!! Luckily for my siblings, my dad's quick approval on buying a new monitor had enable them to go online this whole 2 weeks which is their mid-term semester holidays. It cost about RM 400 for the new monitor. Well, for me, I'm fine with not being to get online as I'm not an internet addict but since line is available, of course I use it!!

Finally I found a new new identity for my blog - a new title and a new description that represents me the best. Maybe it is not the most important thing in my life, but at least this important for my friends to know the REAL me in order to get close to me. Really satisfy with the outcome. Hehe.....

This week had been really boring for me as I was just lazing around in my house. Even the job of cleaning my room which is long due is not finished as I was too lazy to do anything. Yesterday I went to Mid Valley to buy the formal wear for the orientation programme of the university. I already had my target place to get it - SEED and PADINI as these 2 places offer formal wear. I was able to get everything I wanted - black pants and skirt and also a blouse. It cost about RM 150 for all those clothes. If it were not for the 50% discounts I got, it will costs a whooping RM 300. Study starts next week but now I'm not in the mood of start studying. But I have not started perparing things that is supposed to bring to the campus - bedsheet, clothes, stationary etc, etc.

Last week I had a short chat with Lien Ghee on MSN, and she told me her current situation. Even though it was just 10 minutes but I was happy to hear from her. This is better than reading her blogs. After what I chat with her, I came to this conclusion: Everything came with a price. Even though people had been envious of her for getting scholarship to further studies overseas, she had her own dilemma. Leaving family members and friends here, starting a new life there with new environment and people she barely even knows. Everyone had high expectation of her as she was the scholar. Creme de la creme. Imagine the high pressure she had to be put of with. But I believe she can will be tough enough to handle it. Like those rich people, the had the money but that doesn't mean they are happy with it. Am I correct? Enough said....

2 Comments:

  • At June 01, 2006 8:58 PM, Blogger Kelly said…

    Thanks Keat Yee..If only everyone can be as understanding as you are..But I will try my best not to succumb to pressure and do my best here..

     
  • At June 03, 2006 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Keat Yee.. Same here that uni life gonna starts very soon and yet not really prepare for it.. Wish u all the best and good luck ya.. Take Care =)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home