The Puzzle of My Heart

Life is full of ups and downs. This blog records the ups and downs that form the pieces which complete puzzle of my heart...

Monday, June 26, 2006

Future or Once in a Lifetime Opportunity?

Well till now I had been really undecided which uni to go. Should I stay in MMU or should I go to USM?
This topic has been dweeling like forever and I haven't had the answer yet.
All of u had been wondering why is it hard for me to make the decision? It is most probably because there are pros and cons studying in both uni. Let me list it out:

MMU
Pros
1. The environment in MMU is beter than that of USM. The lecture hall and library can bee reached within walking distance. It means I can save my time from all those waiting. The faculties in the campus is nearby and students from different faculties can intereact with each other. So I probably won't stick within my community only.

2. The lecturers are more experienced and fluent in english. Even the Malay lectures speaks good English. And English is the medium of studies in MMU since it was established.

3. The course I took: Marketing with Multimedia is having more to offer than the other conventional Management course in other uni. Multimedia is very important now in every aspect and it helps when u r making a presentation and markets the product.

Contras
1. The problem is of course MONEY. As MMU is a semi private uni, it charges more than local uni.

USM
Pros
1. It's a once in a lifetime opprtunity to study in local uni as not all students have the chance to enter it!! Unless of course, u have studied Form 6.

2.The local uni is cheaper than MMU for sure cos part of the fees is paid by the government.

Contras
1. The environment is not really good for interaction between students as it is too big. You even have to take a bus to the lecture hall. That's the worse thing in the world. So less interaction between students. Less chances for u to know students from other faculties. Just stick with the same community.

2. The usage on English as a medium starts only this year. So the lecturers probably not get used to English and mix between English and Malay while teaching. In that way, we will suffer. And what we study is just half-way through.

3. Multimedia is not included inside the course. So I'll lose out to the other graduates from MMU if multimedia is in demand now as their resume is better and longer with the skills they attained during their studies in MMU.

I had consulted numerous people before regarding to this subject and now I'm sick of all this. I can't listen to all of their advice. The ultimate decision is in my hands. I even asked my school's councellor and he can't even answer my question. The councellor did not even know how to make decision. Imagine that! It's the hardest decision in my life and others had problem making decision if their in my position. I had consult one of the senior in this university, he told me that no more traditional way of business, everything in multimedia - during presentation, marketing of products and all that. He even say that if he was me, he probably had stayed here. I told him this is a once in a lifetime opportunity but all he says is: you want once in a lifetime opportunity or your future? Do you want to go through the same thing again in USM after you had been through it here? You had settle down here, why not continue on? Can you imagine yourself being there? Yeah, future is important. Well, what he say is true in some ways. I don't know how to answer him. He is really a capable person and smart. That's the reason why I consult him for advice. I dunno. Time is passing so fast. I had to make decision quickly!!
*slap slap* WAKE UP, KEAT YEE!!

2 Comments:

  • At June 28, 2006 9:39 PM, Blogger Kelly said…

    It seems that you HAVE made up your mind.You just need someone to agree with you.Go to MMU then.Its also your once in a lifetime opportunity to study.Theres 2 roads,you won't return to either one.So choose the one you like best,even if its the path less taken

     
  • At August 17, 2006 11:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home