The Puzzle of My Heart

Life is full of ups and downs. This blog records the ups and downs that form the pieces which complete puzzle of my heart...

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

~Undecided~

Sigh....it's me here blogging again.... Twice in a day!! Nothing much here to do now in MMU, considering the fact that not much classes this week and without a PC here in MMU, you do suffer!! Can't download notes, always have to wait for your turn for you to use PC in the library is a disaster. I was erally frustrated this week!! First thing first, I was in uncertainty studying here as I was waiting for entry to local university and now I got it, and I was offered Management in USM.
My dad called me this afternoon, congrats me for getting through to local uni. His friends and relatives had been telling him that USM is a good place to study Management and ask me to make the last decision about it. I was speechless. Well, just agreee with what he said. My mum called a few hours later, telling me to think about getting to USM, I told her that I didn't know what to do. She keep on telling me that MMU is not as good as local uni. Is local uni more prestigous than private uni. What the hell in the world is she saying this? Just because USM is a local uni doesn't mean that it was any way better than private uni. Why did she say so? I was crying while I talked to her. I was really disappointed with myself for choosing this subject in my application. What should I do now? IS there anyone out there that can give me some advice?

4 Comments:

  • At June 21, 2006 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey.. i know u have a very tough choice to make but don't let it let down ur spirits girl.. i think ur parents' advice is very clear: tht u should give a try with local uni:) & i think they r right bcos..
    1) local uni is more recognised, even though it may not be tht well-known at international level
    2) u r automatically entitled to a very good loan
    3) u save d money for masters level overseas perhaps?
    4) it's basically d same thing u'll learn whether at public or private uni & u'l use d same books in.. english!!
    5) u may have d chance 2 meet daniel.. ur inspiration!
    if u really dislike d course tht much i dont think u should apply for it! but to make amends, maybe u ought to file an appeal. hope to hear fr u soon..

     
  • At June 21, 2006 4:28 PM, Blogger Kelly said…

    By the way,I think local U is better too.Well,having hear my 2friends from MMU,it actually doesn't offer as good education compared to the local U and those in overseas.I'm not really sure which course they are referring to but usually,MMU is reknown for its enginering.Not the rest.

     
  • At June 22, 2006 12:07 AM, Blogger Shengcui said…

    u taking business at mmu? I think if the course is the same, u take USM beter. MMU is noted for engineering and all that stuffs.....not business. USM although noted for science, they r also known to be kinda good at business. U know, getting a business degree at mmu is like makan coklat made by Honda, unless its an external program. No offence to those studying at MMU, but job prospect wise, USM will give u a better chance.

     
  • At June 22, 2006 12:14 AM, Blogger Shengcui said…

    Seriously, dun get insulted by people urging u to consider business at local u. they care about u. Are you taking business in MMU? If ya, and USM is offering you identical course, then i really suggest you go for USM. First of all, MMU is not noted for its business. Its noted for engineering and other hi-tech courses. Ur employer will not really be impressed by MMU. you know, its just like buying chocolates made by Honda, unless its external program. On the other hand, USM is know for solid performances in business apart from science. And they will conduct the class with more english than malay simply because there is no malay books around. ITs bloody stupid to translate terms like Maslow's Heirarchy of needs and ERG theory into Malay. It makes u lose ur bearings. So pray consider.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home