The Puzzle of My Heart

Life is full of ups and downs. This blog records the ups and downs that form the pieces which complete puzzle of my heart...

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Being Thankful

26th July 2006, Wednesday, 7.30 pm, warm

Here I am blogging again after one week. The frequency of submitting blog is lowering down due to the fact that I am busy with all those stuff a student normally do. But somehow the temptation is high as MMU provide students with 24 hours broadband connection. Imagine that! I’m sure not all universities can do that especially those of local universities where their colleges/hostels is not provided with internet connection. And I'm here blogging, leaving my homework and assignments aside. Sigh... but I'm not in the mood of studying right now.

And now I'm going to tell my events that had made me feel better about myself......

Yesterday morning (25th July 2006, Tuesday), I went to the FCM corridor at 9 am after class expecting things had been set up awaiting students to arrive for the blood donation campaign. I don't like to squeeze between people to get my blood donated but alas, things is not set up yet and I just have to wait until after 12 pm to go there after my class is over. By the time I go there at 12 pm, people is there, lying while waiting for their packet of blood to be full, and without hesistation, I went straight away for registration, measure my weight and blood pressure and the usual blood type test. But during the Q & A with one of the officer, I lied to her that I had more than 5 hours of sleep when in fact, I just sleep for 4 hours plus.

No big deal about it as I lied to the officer previously about my sleeping hours. Not feeling dizzy or fainted and I guess it's ok if I lied this time too. Hehe... Well, everything is over within one hour, with me lying on the bed about 10 - 15 minutes and the blood bag is full. But somehow there are difficulties when they try to fill test tubes with my blood. My blood flow is kinda slow and they keep adjusting the needle which hurts but not really painful. Maybe gotta do with my slightly lower blood pressure caused by the lack of sleep which makes blood flow slowing down. And there is blue black on my hand, probably gotta do with the nurse keep on adjusting the needles. Have no difficulties after donating blood but sometimes kinda short of breath when I climb up stairs. Hehe... Donating blood which maybe some really small contribution to the society but one packet from every student in the university did make difference! Not here to boast myself of course, just feel like doing this deed makes me feel good about myself since I had not been really happy after all that happens recently.

I feel better later that day after one chat with one of my senior. He really motivates me with his positive attitude, positive thinking and advices. To tell the truth, I was like stalking him since last month over small problems but he still sincere in helping me, listen to my problems without fail. I was feeling better after chatting with him, and I was thanking him for making me feel better after chatting with him and he said, "making u feel better makes me feel better as well". I was really touched by what he said. I shows that he is really sincere in helping me and he really made a difference in my life. THE positive attitude in him, the passion he had for his life is what makes him different from the rest. I know I had been talking about him in my previous blogs, but hey, I really can't stop thanking him. If not for him, I think I will suffer from depression and do the unthinkable. THANKS NICKY!!!

Well, he is not the only senior that I know of course. I knew a senior during orientation. He is my facilitator. He gave good advice too but he is kinda cool in real person. He had encouraged me in doing things and also play an important role in helping me making decision and realise my priority. He advices had influenced my actions and decisions that I had taken. He is the same major as me and in his final year yet he is just one year older than me! Sigh, think I am really old in this university. Most who are Beta year student is younger than me and their maturity level is higher than me. THANKS LEONG!!!

I was really lucky to know these future leaders (I know they are!). My cousin had even asked me why I will know such BIG people in MMU. You can see how popular they are in MMU, hehe... Well, I think I'm lucky to know them and have them as my guidance. After listening to their stories, I know that I must buck up by now. Do my best in everything I do. Dwell in the past will never do anything good to me. It will just do more harm than good. Being alive is actually the best thing in my life. Why should I still complain about my life? Look into future and live my life to the FULLEST!!! This is the most important thing.

Thanks again to both Nicky and Leong that had made a difference in my life. Now I can really enjoy the environment with pleasure and feel with my heart ands smile happily. Leong, I still remember that you asked me how long I had not been happy and now I can tell you that I am feeling happy now! Leong and NIcky, don't underestimate what you guys had did to help me.

1 Comments:

  • At July 27, 2006 10:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's good to say welcome back to MMU. :)

    Now, you have made up your mind and started to look forward. What you've came across will be a turning point of your life. (since you are no longer hesitate, you mustn't look back at your footprint but look to the front.)

    Honestly, I am nothing compared to nikki. But there is something that i don't wish to see is "giving up". If we need to be tough to overcome it, then just be tough enough to challange it.

    "some mens see things as there are and say why; I dream things that never were and say why not. " - Quoted from...XXX :D


    All the best for your undertaking!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home