The Puzzle of My Heart

Life is full of ups and downs. This blog records the ups and downs that form the pieces which complete puzzle of my heart...

Friday, July 28, 2006

The New Chapter of My Life

Indulge in the blogging world had been a part of me since last year which had help me to look forward and also to the past that helps me to grow up. Sometimes looking at my previous blogs, I feel like laughing at myself for being so silly and naive. But that will be a part of me forever irregardless of the time being. Here I like to share to new chapter of my life!!!

The new chapter of my life: Entering University

Entering unversity had been making me thinking a lot. I experienced things I have never experience before, trying out new things. But there is something that is differentiate between school and university. In school, you will see the familiar faces everyday, having the same class as you, the time of school is also the same. So you will spend more time with the same people everyday and the bond between them is strong. And at the same time, this people are the ones that go through everything with you - exam, club meetings, projects and that means hanging out a lot together.

And through secondary school, I found my best friends and the time we go through together, especially Form 5 and also Form 6 which is the toughest time of secondary school phase. Remember the times when I had failed my Maths T (really tough, but luckily I scored a B in STPM), laughing non-stop like a mad girl while chatting and also those discussion times.

But things changed after all parted ways after major exam, be it SPM or STPM. Some further studies in colleges and universities and some even venture into the working world. And that is when some of us lost contacts and never know what they are doing. Friends, no matter how close you are with each other, will grow out of each other.

Your best friends will be going to universities other than yours. The gap between them can be felt, less topics to talk about or even over eagerness to share the experiences make us can't really communicate ourselves telling what is at the bottom of our hearts because of insufficient time. And sometimes I can be left unheard when we met.

Distance can also be the culprit in gap between friends. Sometimes the things that they went through is really different than mine - different in culture and style of living. I can feel that we have less common topics to talk about and maybe come out with some lame topics to talk about. This will make us bored to talk to each other and maybe even will not chat with each other when we are online. The effort of keeping long distance friendship is really exhausting, just like keeping a long distance relationship. And sometimes this saddens me.

Then there is the time in university that not only me, but some of my friends that find friends that had something in common. The diversified community because of different backgrounds, had make it even harder to find best friends. No matter how close I am to my new friends, I can feel something that is missing. The difference in studying time and activities made it hard to see the same people that can share knowledge of studies. I can't really find friends that will share everything with me, be it knowledge or their time. No common topic to talk about.

But no matter what will happen in my future, I will still go on with my new life, of course. I'm sure someday I can find someone special that can share my life and have something common with me. OF COURSE, the friends that I have known since secondary school will always be my friends, no matter how distance we are from each other, I will always remember all of them and they had made a difference in my life, made me grown up to be a better person. I will never remember the time, tears and laughter that we shared together.

I am sure some of you will feel what I feel or go through this phase before.

Yuen Mei, another nostalgic blog again by me, Keat Yee. Haha... sure you will say that why I am always nostalgic in my blog. But can't help it, blog is not a site for me to complain but for me to express my feelings and moments that I go through in my life.

That's all from me.....

KEAT YEE signing off...

Hope that all of you enjoy this blog.....

3 Comments:

  • At July 28, 2006 4:08 PM, Blogger Kelly said…

    I know how you feel,I feel like this all the time too..I hate it when people say,that life is about making some new friends and losing some along the way,though I know its the truth.But don't you think there's no harm trying to save even the smallest friendships??

     
  • At July 31, 2006 11:07 AM, Blogger Keat Yee said…

    You are right. But somehow I feel really sad that the distance between us bigger and the gap can be felt. I really afraid that our friendship will end one day.

     
  • At August 11, 2006 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home