The Puzzle of My Heart

Life is full of ups and downs. This blog records the ups and downs that form the pieces which complete puzzle of my heart...

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Learn Something New Again!

It's been a while since my last update here due to the fact I'm busy with my mid-term exam and all those meetings and assignments (which is killing me slowly). It's been a bad start for me this week on Monday with me coming back here earlier by one hour just for the PTPTN briefing. Went there at 9.30 a.m sharp. Waiting for the successful applicants list and when it is out, check it only to discover that my name was not in the list! I went through the list for the second time to make sure that I did not miss out on my name. But again may name is not there.

Check for the third time, my name is not there too. I am deceiving myself if I look at the list again so I just accept the that I had been unsuccessful in my application. I did cry after that but with some advice from my friend that I have to be tough enough to face it and don't sit there doing nothing. Yeah right. No use cry over spilt milk.

I cried just because I can't tell my parents now that I can't get the loan, considering them had been really in shock with what I did these few months and to tell them I can't get loan is too much for them to take. Starting with me not getting a Science course for my university entry. Then I refused to go to USM to study till I go to USM reluctantly with my father drive to Penang. One week after that, they want back to Penang to get me back to KL. I lost me phone that costs RM 700+ to pickpocket and now the latest news - I can't get the PTPTN loan.

I really don't have the courage to tell them. Because I also need time to come with the terms everything that happens too fast while my parents still can't accept it. So this news is kinda hard for them to digest. No dwelling for me right now. I can't afford to do it. Time is running out. The barring process will start the week after next. It's crazy!!! People see me as a tough person and I thought I am too (even though I am a cry baby sometimes). But even the toughest man has his threshold level too. I can't take it anymore if there is more problem to come.

But luckily with the advice of my senior, I followed his advice. He really the type that calm even though there is problem coming his way. Can think rationally and never get panic. Really salute him and before this I was commenting that he was too cool. He defended that have to be somewhat a little cool to be calm. Me? Get panic and start to think negatively. I get back on track with his advice. If not for sure I will get lost in the middle of nowhere. So now I have to get focused at solving the problem with me knowing the reason why....

The worst thing coming is I have to pay fees by next week. Well, with everything still pending, I really still clueless about some of the things. But now I can see lights at the end of the tunnel with me already consider the worst case scenario. Sigh.... When will be the time I can be as mature as my senior? How can he be so mature yet only one year older? I'm like a kid compare to him. I learnt a lot from him during my 2 and a half months here. I think I rely too much on him for advice, probably due to the fact that he is experienced enough. I have to stand on my own, not just be too dependable on other people.

Lesson learnt: Be independent. Don't be panic when facing problems as it will affect how you think, be calm. "Take a step back and see what you can do" (that's what I hear from him). Find the reason for your problem before doing anything - "the more you know, the more you understand, the better you can analyse, it will give you a better view of the solutions too".

Useful words that I heard from him is really helping me much to go through my problems all these while. Even though he didn't realise it or admit to my compliments but it DID make a difference in my life!!

Now it's time for me to take a step back and let you guys to learn something from this blog (not me, but through the quotations).

Enough said.

~KEAT YEE take a step back and sign off~

3 Comments:

  • At September 01, 2006 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Why is it mlc ptptn application is in 5 sept, so late?
    guess u've alr overcome the barrier u faced. no worries gal, u can apply again next year right?
    cheers~
    btw, am curious who's the "HE" senior u mentioned? though don't know i'll know him even if u tell me, is he... somehow related to u in someway? *blah* XD

     
  • At September 02, 2006 10:26 PM, Blogger Keat Yee said…

    Hi, Lin Hui!
    Thanks for leaving a comment here!
    It has been a roller coaster ride for me since I start my uni year. But really, I dunno why all these happening but really wish all of this will be over for me to concentrate on my studies.
    The "HE" senior is actually is not related to me. HE is someone that I knew during the orientation week. He has been really kind to give all these advice even though he didn't know me well. Just feel thankful to him but nothing special (I dunno anyone in MMU, so it's really nice for me to have someone to give me advice to help me go through all the hardness). I don't think it's appropriate to mention his name here though. Maybe I 'll just tell next time.

     
  • At September 03, 2006 12:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    don't be chicken in telling your parents the fact, or what they are supposed to know. they have been through more than us, and I am sure maybe it could be a bit shocking initially, but yes eventually they would be able to digest the fact and support you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home