The Puzzle of My Heart

Life is full of ups and downs. This blog records the ups and downs that form the pieces which complete puzzle of my heart...

Monday, November 27, 2006

Unexpected Thing Happening

Well, well, will be a short blog entry. I just want to share interesting thing that happened today.
It rained REAL heavily today, and I really mean it! And while it rains, the lightning strikes. And the sound of it was really loud that the my room was like shaking. At that time, I was taking a short nap as I was tired, 3 something in the afternoon. And guess what, there is no electricity in the room.

I do not really care about it cos there is no electricity quite often here, probably due to the heavy rain everyday or upgrading that is happening here. One hour later, I discovered that my room was the only room without electricity after asking around, so I went to the hostel office to complain about it and within 15 minutes, a staff went into my room to fix the electric box (dunno what to call it), thought to be a trip. And yet after she fixed it, there is still no electricity in the room.

She asked me to go online to report it. Strangely for here in MMU, the electricity source socket and switches are different that even though there is no electricity, there is electric source for the sockets. So I go online to report the matter to FMD (Facilities Management Department) and within 15 minutes, they are here in my room and yeah, the lights are working and not the fan. Probably due to the lightning that strikes while it is switched on.

They try to fix the fan thinking that it probably due to some wiring problem. Not working too. So in the end, the worker told me that I have to use a stand fan instead on the wall ceiling fan as the ceiling fan is out of stock.

It's hard for me to take up 2 fans up to my room as I am staying on the highest floor (4th floor or Level 5 in case you are confused) , I must be crazy if I can take 2 fans up from the lowest floor up 5 level and wait till my room mate back to the room. And the two of us took the 2 fans up to our room, a tiring work I would say. I do feel tired even though I climbed the stairs every day, always wondering when I will reach my room. In addition to it, I am taking a stand fan (1 metre tall) up to my room. Imagine that!

Well, it's OK now. We have our own seperate fan for each and it is nice to use it to blow the wind directly to my direction when the day is warm but not now (rainy season)... haha.

But praise the staff here for responding to complaint so quickly. Now, that's what I call efficient workers.

That's all for now. Done with the crap.

~KEAT YEE signing off~

1 Comments:

  • At November 29, 2006 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    imagine I need to buy 10kg (or 5kg) rice and carry it from shop to bus stop, then get off from the bus and carry back to home, all by myself and alone.

    sometime if I buy a 2litres juice and a 2litres milk, it means the more or less the same because i still need to buy other things...

    if you ask me why not buy separately maybe I will say I am busy so.. yeah no other choice but to do it, lol

    same applies, good job carrying fan but is not that hard :( if now you are having summer like here, you will prolly carry a 2m tall fan without hesitation, lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home