The Puzzle of My Heart

Life is full of ups and downs. This blog records the ups and downs that form the pieces which complete puzzle of my heart...

Saturday, March 31, 2007

College Festival - The Orange Invasion!

Phew! Exam's over... for one week I'll be free from exam... yeah, one week ONLY... No more coffee drinking and sleepless days for one week! Suffer just for the Financial Management subject! I can't really sleep just to finish studying it with me drinking coffee but coffee seems to have no effect on me as I still feel sleepy but it all worth it cos I managed to cover all topics. Except that I think I don't think I do well for Macroeconomics. Whatever. Gonna work harder for finals now.

Anyway, so many things have happened since I abandon my blog for almost one month as I am too busy sitting in front of the computer blogging for hours.

First up, College Festival 2007 which is from 5th March ~ 9th March 2007. College Festival is a festival organised by the Hostel Committee for hostel residents. There's stalls, talks, concert and auction. Since I'm a Hostel Committee member, of course I'm involved in it. You can never imagine how ORANGE it is during that week (orange is now almost the official colour of CF)

And here are some of the pictures captured:

Fire Drill

This is the first event for College Festival on 5th March 2007 12.05 a.m. to mark the start of College Festival. There are some students that who are not willing to bug from their room when we scream 'Fire! Fire!' or might standing in the hostel area waiting for their friends.

Know what I told them? I told them this is an emergency. If it is for real, they will be burnt alive. They only move after hearing what I said. Stubborn. Now you act like some donkeys waiting to be chased. I'm sure that they will run for life if this is real.

Fire engines and police cars are here for real. Cool eh?

Police and fire fighters in action.

They pull out the hose and even water the hostel building as if it is a real fire emergency which we do not have a chance to experience in secondary school.

Fire fighters who are responsible to rescue victims.

The College Festival 2007 Committee

Ken... the Special Task Bureau Assistant Manager... all the photos of College Festival courtesy of him.

Attempt in cam-whoring...C'est moi! The Interfaith Talk Bureau Manager clad in the official T-shirt of College Festival (yeah, it's orange)!

Aghilan, Food Fiesta Manager in his attempt to cut Ken's hair....

Not successful in cutting hair, he tried to be a killer... (Aghilan, you are such a great poser)

The CF committee with officers from Jabatan Penjara for the rotan demonstration... you never realise how scary the rotan process can be till you see the videos and pictures.

I'm in charge of the Interfaith Talk, which is an event where there will be speakers from 4 main religions (Buddhism, Christian, Islam, Hinduism) in Malaysia talks on a common topic.

I almost gave up on this event, as I can't find all the speakers one week before the event! Imagine that! Luckily I got all the speakers by Friday days before the event.

7th March 2007. Interfaith Talk: The Existence of Evil - the topic. This is the first time I be a leader for an event. I only realise that I had much more to learn before I really qualify to become a leader. But I am relly grateful to have the chance to lead people.


My committee did a good job, helping me with last minute work that I realise need to do from the ex-officio for College Festival which is also the moderator for the talk.

Unexpectedly, students' representative from UNITEN present as they never confirm the presence with me in advance. They said is because the invitation letter is misplaced and they only found the letter few days before the event.

UIAM's SRC (Students' Representative Council or MPP) confirm their presence real early with me... They are really interested in the Interfaith Talk I guess.

The event went quite well, and my committee rocks! All girls team except for Terk Rong which is the thorn among the roses, haha. Yeah, and the girls never know about him being my assistant cos he's wayyy to busy to even attend my meetings.

Picture says a thousand words. And here it goes:

Interfaith Talk (7th March 2007)

The crowd of the talk!

My committee: (Front row, Left - Right) Zilla, Siew Hong, Soo Ling, Kai Sien, me (Back row, Left - Right) She Leng, Li Ling, Pei Hong, See Ching and Wei Shin

The Speakers: Buddha speaker, Christian speaker and Hindu speaker.... and the moderator, Thulaisi.

Tharan, the emcee for the night who is also the Programme coordinator for College Festival. He's the one who helped me the most! Him here with the 'Sleeping Buddha' pose, sexy eh? Haha, just kidding.


Tharan with the girls. How does it feel to be surrounded by girls?


Us committee posing for photos again... This is really an all-girls team ...Girls rock!

I would like to thanks to the girls, Tharan (for helping out with the vegetarian food and emcee for the night and also guide me along the way).

And also the committee for College Festival 2007. You guys rock! Nice to know all of you. Can't forget the days where we had meetings till wee hours in the morning and the problems (budget, internal problem) that we faced before the event and also the long post-mortem sessions each day during the event.

That's all for now. Will back with more updates!

~KEAT YEE signing off.~

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home