The Puzzle of My Heart

Life is full of ups and downs. This blog records the ups and downs that form the pieces which complete puzzle of my heart...

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Happy Chinese New Year Part II

Continued... Part 2 of Chinese New Year post.

1st and 2nd day of Chinese New Year will be for visiting relatives house as usual. And even though I vowed that I would only eat one piece for every type of cookies, I can't keep to it, and I eat more than one for each and the temptations to eat them are so great as I never tried it all. And the most that I ate when I went to people's house, probably is crackers. Sure gaining weight from all eating all these. Sighzz, how could I keep to my vow of not eating much, if not sure I will become a big, fat girl!! Grrrrr...

And yeah, then there's the meals, ate reunion dinner and lunch and also the sumptuous meals that my mum prepared sure do not help in weight control. And yeah, after back to university my stomach feels better as it is 1. in small portion and 2. just ate bread for lunch (too tired to think of what to eat as the choices here are limited).


3rd day of Chinese New Year, sit at home, with my mum's youngest sister, grandma, and my uncle and aunt (my mum's sis) came with her 4 daughters in tow. The home quite lively with those young children, hehe. They would be screaming and also talking and also approach you to give them cookies as their mum would not allow them to eat those cookies to prevent them from falling sick. Dinner at my home was nice, I'm not bragging, but my mum's cooking is delicious all the time!

4th day of Chinese New Year (21st February 2007), went to 'bai nian' at my friends' house, start at 12.30p.m. with Lai Mun's (where I had to go there by taxi with Kok Keong as my parents are not in), wait for Sharron and Took there. Then to Sharron's, and meet up with Yuen Mei there and Lai Mun back to her house as her friends will be going to her house.

3rd destination, Kok Keong's house with more Wei Song and Kwok Bing joining in for the 'bai nian', played a few games of cards before going to my home with 7 of us in Wei Song's car.

From my house, went to Wan Teang's house and dropped Took at Carrefour (relief for us as the car became a little more spacious). Wan Teang join us to go to Ming En's house before all of us decided to head to Times Square for movie. As Wei Song's car (a Kenari) can't accomodate all of us and fearing traffic police, they persuade me to ask my parents to borrow their car. Thanks my parents for being so generous to lend their car.

Back to my home to get the car with my sister joining in too and then go to Yuen Mei's house. 8 of us (me, my sis, Yuen Mei, Sharron, Wan Teang, Wei Song, Kok Keong and Kwok Bing) head for Times Square with Kok Keong driving Wei Song's car and Wei Song driving my parents' car.

Wonder why Wei Song did not drive his own car? Well, Kok Keong did not really drive usually but he drove Wei Song's car numerous times so he drove Wei Song's car while Wei Song is experienced in driving so he drives my parents' car in order to avoid accident. Yeah, us girls did not drive usually so we can't drive the car and Yuen Mei was the only who drive to shopping malls a lot of times yet she doesn't want to drive as she fears of bumping my parents' car.

So we are there, at 8 something, went to cinema straight away to get the tickets for movie, we can't watch Protege (which all of us interested in watching) as Wei Song watched it already, get tickets for 'Ghost Rider' where we will be sitting on the first row (the nearest to the screen)!!!

Went to Sushi King for dinner, don't feel like eating, so just order a ramen where all of them ate dinner set. Watched the movie, and decent one, not too interesting. Reached home at 12.30 a.m. without a scratch on my parents' car, haha...

*Thanks to my parents for lending their car and also to Kok Keong and Wei Song for driving, had a nice time which took my mind away from the work in uni that makes me stressed out.*

6th day of Chinese New Year (23rd Feb 2007, Friday) went to Nean Hua's house with Wan Teang as Nean Hua will be departing to Taiwan on the following Monday to pursue he dream of becoming a doctor. Wished her all the best, and talked with her. Luckily I did not cry this time when she went off as I tend to cry when someone I'm closed with going overseas. A sign of growing up maybe?

**Nean Hua, may your dreams come true.**

7th day of Chinese New Year, did nothing but just sitting at home and watching TV.

8th day of Chinese New Year (25th February 2007), my brother's birthday. Went to 'Dae Jang Geum', a Korean restaurant wiith my family to celebrate it. Ordered food portion of 4 yet 5 of us had a difficult time finishing it. The food portion is large compare to Chinese's, that I wonder if an average Korean woman can finish it? But the food there is quite nice, ate for the third time there.

First went there with my siblings and cousin for BBQ, and second time went there with Yuen Mei (where she had a fetish for everything Korean) but I didn't really eat anything, except for sharing a big bowl of rice with rice, vegetables and meat in the bowl and is stirred.

That's what I did during the Chinese New Year break before things back to usual here in MMU. Somehow I feel so stressed from all those activities that I participate in which taking its toll on my studies. Regretted joining in all those activities even though it sure boost my interpersonal skills. Whatever, hope that all the events end soon and I can concentrate on my studies.

That's all for now.

~KEAT YEE signing off.~

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home