The Puzzle of My Heart

Life is full of ups and downs. This blog records the ups and downs that form the pieces which complete puzzle of my heart...

Monday, March 05, 2007

Chinese New Year in MMU

Well, 4th March 2007 was the Banquet dinner that is organized by the CNYE committee. I was one of them. I was in the group that was in charge of the food for the banquet but on the day of the event itself, there is shortage of manpower and therefore some of the committee members had to become waiters and waitresses for the day. The guest-of-honour for this event is the deputy minister of finance, YB Dato’ Dr. Ng Yen Yen and the vice president of MMU, Prof. Dr Chuah.

The event start of with the first dish, a must have for Chinese New Year, Yee Sang. I’m in charge of taking out the dishes, but luckily, I only responsible for the first 2 dishes which supposedly to be served all at once, but I’ll be in charge of pouring tea to all the guests with 3 other girls. And things go well for the night except that a dancer hurt her leg after accidentally step on a thumbtack while dancing.

Well, the event can be considered a success. I almost gave up to be part of the committee of this event as I had other commitments and also want to concentrate on my studies but I did not because I don’t like to give up on task that I took up even though I make not like what I did.

But to tell the truth, I don’t think that I will be part of it again, because I had experience in this event and wanna try something else, and also the bad experiences related to it and I think there’s a lot of people that almost gave up on being part of the committees as they also had bad experiences like me – bad organisation, cancelled meetings without informing me, and the organising committee failed terribly to had the working committees (working committees are the people of lower ranking in the committee and do all the jobs where the organising committee did the planning of an event) to see the vision as they did.

Yeah, I do made some friends but based on the feedback that I heard, the committee members did not get satisfaction from being part of the committee. I had satisfaction from organising other events, but not this though.

I vowed that I will be the one who will be sitting in the hall, enjoying the food rather that being the one serving the guests next year. My cousin was right, it’s hard to enjoy being part of the committee is no fun and she’s right in some way. No point elaborating this further. Sorry if I offend any of the CNYE committee members but that's a fact. But I did not say anything bad about anybody here right? So don't hate me for it. At least, I'm brave enough to say what I don't like rather than people that keep it inside their heart.

Well, a picture says a thousand words and below are some pictures taken for the night.

The venue of the event before the arrival of guests. Peaceful and clean.

The Deputy Minister of Finance, YB Dato' Dr. Ng Yen Yen (3rd from right), the guest-of-honour to officiate this event.

The top view of the hall where you can see so many people wearing red clothes. Red = Chinese New Year!


People having their cheers.... YAAAAAAAAAM SENG!!!!

The Chinese orchestra performing with the traditional Chinese musical instruments.

Dancing troupe performing traditional dance.

Another dance which tells a story about a love story... forgotten what the story is all about...

A drama telling a story about the children wanna send their mother to the old folks home but pull out at the last minute after realising the happy times they spent together.

The group that is responsible for the 'Banquet Dinner' plus the organising committee.

The Banquet committee. Had a good time working with you guys and nice to know all of you! Can you see me? I'm the fifth person from right on the highest standing row.
That's all for now.
~KEAT YEE signing off.~

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home