The Puzzle of My Heart

Life is full of ups and downs. This blog records the ups and downs that form the pieces which complete puzzle of my heart...

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Pride Being A City Girl

I had a Consumer Behaviour on Tuesday that touches on consumers' psychology when they buy things. The lecturer then talked about the pride that city people that they are proud to tell people of their place of origin and those from small town were never really proud of their hometown.

He gave the example by saying that you will tell people proudly "I'm from KL" but you will never heard people say proudly "I'm a Dengkil guy". Everyone burst into laughter after hearing the statement. Haha... The statement might be true in some ways.

Why? Why is this happening? He associated it with something. Something that consumer will have in their mind. And he said these:

They want P.R.I.D.E.

They wanted to appear G.L.A.M.O.R.O.U.S.

I might just sing along to Fergie's "Glamorous". Seems like I went out of topic. Back to the topic. People like to be look up to. Imagine that... Being in a place where most of the rich and famous be.

To tell the truth, I like being in the city. Everything is here in the city. The biggest mall, the highest tower is here. We have the best of everything here. Higher pay for employees perhaps? And people from other town come flocking KL thinking that their will change for better.

Anyway, there has been sayings that KL people is arrogant, rude, unfriendly and the way of living is more stressful and competitive than that of rural area and the pace of living is faster. Sometimes I do envy that the life in rural area is calming, less stress but I still love KL the best.

I personally heard from my friend that KL people is rude and unfriendly. Just wanna clear the facts. I think KL people might appear arrogant, rude and unfriendly is because they want to defend themselves from all the harm here and not looking down on people. There are conman around, waiting for every chance to deceive victims. Am I right? KL people, you guys might say something about this statement.

The life here in KL is sure more stressful and competitive and pace is faster as we don't want to lose out to people. You will lose out if you are not competitive in KL.

I love the life here. Being a competitive person, defensive person, and enjoy the best of everything!! This is the pride of being a City Girl!!

Anyone has anything to say on this topic? Does not agree with what I wrote? You are free to leave a comment.

That's all for now.

Oh yeah. Did I mention that I love KL?

~KEAT YEE signing off.~

P/s: Sorry for the lack of updates. Currently in writer's block state. Words can't seem to come to me when I needed it the most. That's explains the quality of the post I wrote. More to come - If only I can find the words to say.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At July 14, 2007 3:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yeah I think KL people have bad reputations, based on what I heard or sensed from people from other states. Sometimes I don't know what's wrong with speaking cantonese (not that I don't want to speak mandarin but why not cantonese since I could speak both);I don't know why they dislike our food having stronger tastes; I don't know why they see us differently; I don't know why they think KL has more smokers; I don't know why they think KL guys are usually more playful in relationship...seriously we are innocent because those statements have nothing to back with.

    in foreign countries, people who know KL/Malaysia only know TwinTower (couldn't even name Petronas), and usually they don't know Malaysians can speak so many languages....and they don't know Malaysia has Chinese or Indian but they cannot describe the look of Malay.........

    is just too much shock for them when they see me introducing myself from KL, Malaysia

     
  • At July 14, 2007 2:32 PM, Blogger Kelly said…

    I don't mind being in KL,I couldn't imagine life OUTSIDE KL...but in Japan,I prefer the rural areas,one that has enough bowling,cinema yet have places reachable by bicycles.In Tokyo,u must live by traveling with trains,eat expensive food and lead a hectic life.

    Even though I'm breed and born in KL,I wonder if I could match the fast-paces and crazy life of Tokyo..I like the place I am in now..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home