The Puzzle of My Heart

Life is full of ups and downs. This blog records the ups and downs that form the pieces which complete puzzle of my heart...

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Happy Holidays to Me!

Happy New Year 2008 everyone!!

New Year celebration for me this year is quite simple as MMU final exam falls around the new year period, so I did not go any Countdown event to welcome the year 2008. Instead, 12 of us (me, Ken, Tharan, Nicky, Shuk, Alvin, Suyi, Das, Din, Zeek, Wee and Abdul) went to Putrajaya which we decided after a heated-up online conference. There was a slight jam as roads were blocked for fireworks presentation. Cars were parked by the roadside in Putrajaya making it even worse for cars to pass by.

I was in Shuk's car and he went into the wrong route but finally we found our way to a place beside Palace of Justice. We were in time for the fireworks presentation, and after that, we took photographs and gosh, those people sure like to take photographs as we spent a long time there taking photographs. Thanks to Shuk and Nicky for being the photographers. Zeek did some filming for a 'I Am Legend' trailer and the process was quite funny. I would never fail to laugh everytime I see the unedited recordings.

The fireworks in Putrajaya... picture courtesy of Shuk.



The group pictures in Putrajaya.

Tharan, me and Ken... Part of the so-called 'pap-pap' gang.

After taking pictures, we went to a mamak stall popular for their fried yee mee in Seri Kembangan for our supper. We reached Cyberjaya at 3 a.m. but us in Alvin's car (me, Alvin, Tharan and Suyi) were not in the mood to sleep so we went to a park in Cyberjaya to have a chat. We talked about our lifes and some of the stories that were told were very interesting. It's like a drama, a fiction, something that would only happen in movie really happened in real life. I would keep it a secret as promised. We only went back to our hostel at 5 something in the morning.

New Year passed, final exam is over, and now it's time for me to say,
"Bye bye books, welcome holidays!"

The second trimester of the academic year 2007/2008 of MMU officially ended! The trimester had been a roller-coaster ride for me. Work hard, play hard and no rest. A day before I have my first final paper, my parents pay a surprise visit to Cyberjaya and bring me and my sister for dinner and bought us some food. Nyam nyam. A simple dinner and food... it might just some small things for everyone, but the care that was sowed inside was the motivation for me to go on with my studies.

Starting from the second week of the trimester, things have been hectic for me - DiGi Boot Camp, RMMU 70's Nite, DiGi Youth Street Festival, OC PD Trip 2007, OC Supper, DJ Club weekly on-air session, Cyberpreneurship group project, the up-and-coming E-Nite, OC Supper, New Year 2008 celebration.

My body and mind had been real tired for these 2 months. 2 months without a break! Pressures were mounting up as time goes by. For the first time, I had allergy reaction due to unknown reason. Things were almost out of control and I almost broke down. This is the most tiring trimester for me, and it's a relief that it's over.

This trimester had been a real different compared to other trimesters I had been through. Since the start of my studies here in MMU, I never really have any close friends. I always wonder if it is because I am being too independent or because I build a protective wall around me or because of the difference in mindsets between me and the people that I know.

Anyway, I feel happy that I finally found some friends that I can hang out with - the SDCians and the OCs had made me feel that I belong to MMU community finally. And my life in my hostel room is never boring thanks to my room mates - Mei Kuan and Ai Ping. We can share about anything under the sky. Where can you find room mates that can share anything with you?

The memories that were shared together with all of them will be carved inside my heart. It's cool to have them all in MMU. I shall not forget them when I leave this unversity...

I wonder how will my life be if I did not join Orientation Committee, would I able to find cool people as cool as them...Will my life be Boring? Dull? Colourless? or... Interesting?

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At January 08, 2008 7:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home