The Puzzle of My Heart

Life is full of ups and downs. This blog records the ups and downs that form the pieces which complete puzzle of my heart...

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Singapore Trip - long due post!

Finally, the LONG OVERDUE post!

I went to Singapore a few months ago, 4 months to be exact and I promised to upload the pics for the Singapore trips yet I postponed it till now. Seems like I can't find any suitable time to upload it... Alright, it might be because I am too lazy to wait for all the pictures to be uploaded.

This is the second time I went to Singapore after 15 years. Third time if I include once when I was still a baby and my sis was not born yet. People was shocked to hear that I only go to Singapore for so few times. What so shocking about it? Do you think that I am that rich to go travelling like others? RM 300 per passport is not cheap plus the currency in Singapore is the double of Malaysia Ringgit.

I went to Singapore on the 16th March 2007 to attend my auntie's wedding which will be on the 17th March 2007. Reached there after 6 hours of car trip. We went to my uncle's house straight away and then to luch in some food court. Had some dim sum, duck meat and others which were really tasty.

After lunch, we went to our uncle's condominium (The Atria if not mistaken) which is just situated nearby his house. The condominium is so expensive that it costs at least Singapore Dollar 1 million for one lot!! That's so costly!! The swimming pool there have a futuristic look.

The swimming pool in the condominium area.

We checked in into our hotel after that, Grand Central which looks like some 3-star hotel that is located in the Petaling Street. The settings are almost like Ria Apartment in Genting which is a bit scary.

The good points of the hotel are: 1) Orchard Road is just within walking distance, I can go shopping! 2) it is nearby the destination for the wedding dinner. Dinner at a food court nearby. I tried a pot mee after I saw a newspaper cutting which was pasted on the stall. Quite nice I would say.

I got to meet my cousin which was really smart and I got to see his collection of awards and books that will impress anyone. I just go wild when I saw the collection of story books! 2 full racks!! More than 100 of them! Impressive...

Saturday is my aunt's wedding ceremony, a simple one where they say their vows in their home with blessings from their dearest family and friends. Wish that they can be together forever, 白头到老!I did not post any of the picture of the newlyweds as I did not ask permission from them so let it be.


We went to some tourist hot spots there in Singapore.


My mum and dad at the lake side.


Sis, mum and me with The Esplanade in the background.


Me with The Merlion. I remember I had a picture of me crying looking at The Merlion as I am too scared of it when I was just a little girl.

Setting of the wedding dinner hall at Grand Hyatt hotel. The setting of the hall simple yet nice and classy.


My sis, me and my cousins. My cousins are cute, aren't they?


The food there was delicious. Till now I still can't forget the dessert, Mango with yam paste soup. They use mangoes to get the juice. The texture of the soup is thick and smooth that you got more satisfaction than eating chocolate!!

That's all for the Singapore trip post. It was so long due that I forgotten all the details.....

~KEAT YEE signing off.~

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home