The Puzzle of My Heart

Life is full of ups and downs. This blog records the ups and downs that form the pieces which complete puzzle of my heart...

Monday, December 17, 2007

The Last 2 Weeks of Year 2007

It's towards the end of the year again. Assignments submission date due, exam is coming. The last 2 weeks of the year 2007 will be busy, happy and emotional for me.

I AM BUSY because...
Assignment submission will due on Friday and I just started to compile it. There's thousands of words that I needed to be read through and editing needed to be done. It's hard to be the one who compile everything, you need to ensure that there is no mistakes in the work done by other group members and it's even more stressful that you are the one who will determine the marks that is given to the assignment. If you did a bad job, there goes your marks.

I AM HAPPY because...
My cousin sister will be getting married on Christmas Eve, and all my relatives will be busy during that time that few days and yeah, my cousin brother, Joon Sing is coming back from Australia, haha. OF course, we cousins have to allocate time for him to hang out together. He even remind us to make ourselves free during that period, haha. He will be bringing back wine with him, hopefully, our cousins' gathering will be memorable. We had memorable gatherings and outings every year, with lots of laughter. I remember we will laugh like mad for some reasons everytime we hang out together, and there will be no exception this year.

*Singy, remember to allocate time for us ya, we cousins for sure will have time for you. You are the VVIP for us every year, haha. Remember to bring back some nice wine ya, and don't let other people to finish the wine that are meant for us!! *wicked smile* I'm gonna make you drunk and dig some secret from you, haha. Hopefully, all of us won't get drunk. I think all of us won't want to tell our own secrets.*

I AM EMOTIONAL because...
Yuen Mei will be leaving Malaysia for the United States at 31st December 2007 to further her studies. It will be emotional for me to see every of my friend left. First is Joon Sing to Australia, then Lien Ghee to Japan, Nean Hua to Taiwan, Wen Jian to the UK and now, Yuen Mei to the United States to pursue their dreams, their hopes for the future. I never bid farewell to anyone of them in the airport because I know that I could not control myself from crying.

When someone will be leaving I can't control myself from shedding tears. It's very painful to see someone close to you leaving for another place far from you. You can't see them face to face, and they are living in a world where the culture is different from yours, and you can't never understand their pain, their lonliness, their desires, how they long to be near to their family and friends...

Yuen Mei had been really a good friend of mine since Form 6. We had known each other since Form 2 when we were librarians back then but we are not close. We were in the same class for Form 5 yet we have our own gang of friends. Then in Lower Six, we were in class of 6R3 where because we were undecided between taking Physics or Biology as our 4th subject. Then, both of us together changed to 6R2 where we still go to Physics class but after a while, she gave up. I gave up on Physics towards the end of the year 2004.

We will sit together in the Biology lab, where we will argue over the facts in Biology, Chemistry, PA and also Maths. I remember sometimes I will argue with Sharron over the facts and you will asking both of us to stop. But still, Sharron and me will be arguing over facts for countless times that you get immuned to it, hehe. Both of us also have a share of arguments over small things like Orlando Bloom and I will said things about him. There's one time we argue over fairy tales in life and till now, I still stand on my opinion that there is no fairy tale in life.

We argue in so many things for so many times that Wan Teang (which sat next to me and in front of you) and Nean Hua (which sat behind me and next to you) will know when we will start arguing and they will say, "They are going to start again." After arguing for a long time, Nean Hua and Wan Teang will make a conclusion for us and we will ask for Sharron's opinion (which sat behind Nean Hua). She will be lazy to even give in our antics because she was busy studying, haha.

I remember Sharron will be annoyed when I start calling "Yuen Mei arrrrrr" and you start calling "Keat Yee arrrrrr" because she sat between us in the Biology lab but then she will continue studying. Till now I still wonder how Sharron can put up to our name calling and continue studying, haha. But I like the innocence and the sincerity that you have. You will be amazed by new things that I told you because and the enthusiasm will be potrayed by the look in your eyes.

May you have a good experience in US and we here in Malaysia will still remain as your friends. The new experiences there will be an eye-opener for you, to venture into better things in future.

That's all for now. I wish that everyone will have a memorable end-of-the-year celebration.

With Love from,

Keat Yee

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At December 18, 2007 1:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yeah I will have more time for you all. The date to come back here has been changed to become 6th January.

    no worries....definitely have time

    for you all.

     
  • At December 19, 2007 4:58 PM, Blogger SharronL. said…

    Haha.. How to study with loudspeakers repeating "..(name).. arrrrrr" on either side of my ears?? lol...
    No, I was pretending to study. But I privately enjoyed watching hw fussy both of u were.. :D

    Hw I miss those times tht v argued over the strangest scientific facts. Always was last minute of studying/ catching up in Pn Lai's class..n so we had an omnipresent need 2 correct each other.. :P

    I also rmb a time v spent in d computer lab near d stairs when there was a terrible haze, in Upper 6 (do u rmb?) U n ymei had introduced to me d wonders of blogging.. & Nh introduced us to worldlingo! It seemed like a simple day..but it is now a wonderful memory to me. Thanx for d memorable times v had all this while..

    N friendship forever! =)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home