The Puzzle of My Heart

Life is full of ups and downs. This blog records the ups and downs that form the pieces which complete puzzle of my heart...

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Happy Chinese New Year 2009

Happy Chinese New Year!

May you all have a properous and good moo moo year ahead =)

I celebrated Chinese New Year Eve, 25th Jan, at Genting Highlands, the City of Entertainment. This is the fourth year that we celebrated CNY at Genting, thanks to my 8th aunt for booking rooms for us to stay.

Had lunch at the base of the mountain with my aunt's family. While waiting for my aunt to arrive, a man approached me and my siblings and put a chestnut on the table for each of us. My brother and sister were wondering what did the person gave us the chestnuts and would not eat the nuts but me seeing the guy wearing a shirt of a chestnut chain, I just eat the chestnut given.

Apparently, the man sells chestnuts and boy, the nuts were tasty! Lunch were delicious especially the king prawn noodles! We proceed to Genting Highlands with the Genting Skyway of course. Who would want to miss a ride on the world's fastest and South East Asia's longest cable car system?

Genting Skyway

With siblings and cousins

It has been the tradition for us every year to shop for CNY clothes in Genting and this year is no exception. Everyone got to buy something in the end =) I told myself not to buy anything as I bought a few shirts but in the end I bought a pair of short pants after my persuasion from my cousins.

Dinner is different this year as we would not have our reunion dinner at Coffee Terrace like the pass 3 years. Instead, we had our reunion dinner at Happy Valley Restaurant, the Chinese style. A sumptuous meal indeed.

With family members =)

Night activity is lazing in hotel room as we were tired after shopping in the afternoon. My phone was beeping with Chinese New Year messages received and sent that my dad said I was such a busy person :P

There was supposed to be a firecrackers and fireworks presentation sharp at 12am but it was cancelled due to rain and heavy mist. What a disappointment. The day had not been good as it had been raining since evening and the weather is super cold that night!

Thus, we cousins decided to hang out in Starbucks for a cuppa but we still feel cold even though we are sitting indoor as the wind was blowing in through the slits of the entrance doors. As the guys were hungry, supper was at 1901 Hotdog.

Us at 1901 Hotdog

Went downhill on the Chinese New year 1st day and thankfully this year, the weather is not too hot, so it's not so hot to hang out in relatives' homes. It's nice to meet up with my relatives after so long of not seeing them =)


29th Jan 2009, Thu
Will meet up with Sharron, Wan Teang, Kok Keong and Wei Song for house visits at my home. Thanks to the little birthday surprise by Sharron and Wan Teang. They bought a piece Chocolate Indulgence cake from Secret Recipe. So nice of them. Love them =)



Visited KK's and his family members were friendly as they keep asking us to eat the home made biscuits. Sharron's is next and her dad treated us with red wine for the first time. Next up is Wan Teang's. Wan Teang managed to contact Sze Yin while we were at Wan Teang's and we headed to Sze Yin's home in Serdang after that.

Sze Yin's mum was so nice as she prepared fried chicken and fries specially for us. It's great to meet Sze Yin as I last met her when we took our STPM results.

Wei Song, Sze Yin, Sharron, me and Kok Keong at Sze Yin's house

After much persuasion, we finally got to go to Wei Song's house for the first time since we started house visits tradition 3 years ago. Rushed back home as my relatives will be having dinner at my home.

Birthday celebration with family members. I'm older by 1 year!

Me and the cute little cousins

Thanks to the Birthday text messages, Facebook messages and Friendster messages from friends, really appreciate every single of the messages.

Thanks for the Birthday presents received.

Thanks to Lien Ghee for her present from Japan! She sends me presents for my Birthday from Japan and hers will always be the first that I receive.
Make-up from Japan from Lien Ghee

Earrings from sis. Love the butterfly!

From Sharron and Wan Teang. Love it!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home